Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First High Tea experience..

So, before Christmas, my gals and i had high tea at Majestic Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. It was technically my first high tea experience, and i wasnt disappointed! But of course, you know me, I'm one for the whole experience, ie, the company, the chatter, the gossip (crux!!), the pictures, the food and of course, the service. But the food and the service do not rank topmost in terms of importance yeah..haha...So, take my 'review' with a pinch of salt as always! Life needs a bit of saltiness IMHO, in addition to the sweet and bitter ..hahha...
 So, anyway..i didnt have a good start, i was in Pavilion having a meeting with client, so i switched on my Waze app to direct me to the hotel from Pavilion...and i got lost and had missed turnings sooo many times. At one point, i accidentally turned into the KLCC parking lot! And my Touch n Go didn't have enough balance, so i had to get down from the car and paid RM4 at the autopay machine just to get out from the parking. sheeshh....i showed Waze my sour face after that, nvm that i managed to get to the hotel with it's help..
 So, these datin-datins had a great time there. As it was our first time there, not knowing the quality and just wanting to generally test them out, we chose the Tea Lounge Area set at about RM48++, which came up to around RM50+, if this goldfish memory serves me right.. I think they have another 1 or 2 options, the one that i can remember is at the Orchid Conservatory, which is very beautiful, but more expensive, of course! What, better photo opportunity doesn't cost ar? haha..
Anyhow, here's the link, if anyone is interested to check out.. call to make booking for weekends, which can be quite packed.

Food was decent, some of the sweets were nice, but nothing too memorable in my opinion. Some friends like the scones, some (me) find them a tad dry. But the sandwiches were pretty decent, moist fresh bread slice and just the right amount of fillings. 

Hmm, i was too busy listening (ok la, got contribute also) to gossips that i didn't quite catch whether we could choose the sets or not...hmm...i think we didnt. They just gave us 2 trays for 4 pax and some local savoury hot plate (buffalo wings, popiah, those kind of stuff). And come to think of it, i didnt notice also what kind of tea they served us..i had earl grey (i guess...).

And at the end of it, the waiter just knew what to do, packed the leftovers in a take away box. So that was a good part of the service.

All in all, RM50+ for our first experience of high tea in a beautiful setting was quite worth it, in my opinion. And oh, do allocate another RM10 for the parking though. Not valet larr....self parked.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment